- Western Civilization, World History, United States History
- American Studies
- Indigenous issues
- Migration and ethnic identity, cross-cultural awareness
- Business English communication and writing skills
- English as a second language
- “Finns and Finnicans: Walter Mattila and the Ethnic Dilemma of Second-Generation Finnish Americans.” Journal of Finnish Studies 20, no. 2 (Fall 2017).
- “The Business of Electing a President.” European Journal of American Studies special issue: Popularizing Politics: The 2016 U.S. Presidential Election [online] 12, no. 2. URL: http://ejas.revues.org/12123.
- “Distant Dreams, Different Realities: North American Immigrants Revisit Finland” (pp. 243-252) and
- “Help among Nations: The Humanitarian Impulse in American-Finnish Relations” (pp. 253-262). In Finns in the United States: A History of Settlement, Dissent, and Integration, edited by Auvo Kostiainen. East Lansing: Michigan State University Press, 2014.
- “Benefitting Finns: How the Finnish Relief Fund of 1939-1940 Impacted American Politics and Society.” Journal of Finnish Studies 13, no. 1 (Summer 2009): 24-31.
Archival Research — migration, ethnic/national identity, indigenous issues, ethnographic representation, cultural preservation, identity politics, transnational connections, World War II and American foreign policy
- Postdoctoral research at Stanford University’s Hoover Institute
- Postdoctoral research at the Finnish Ministry for Foreign Affairs
- Doctoral research at Bancroft Library, University of California, Berkeley
- Doctoral research at the Sámi Siida Museum in Inari, Finland
- Doctoral research at the Finnish National Archives
- Doctoral research at the Finnish National Board of Antiquities
- Doctoral research at the Finnish Literature Society
- Doctoral research at Institute of Migration, Turku, Finland
* Movin' XXX by barrel-maker on deviantART